- English, German, Slovenian, Italian & Russian
- 90 min.
- 1 - 50 persons
- children from 1 year of age
- free admission for children up to 10 years of age
€ 3.50 10-14 years of age
€ 6.50 14-18 years of age
€ 9.50 for adults
- partially barrier-free
The fine fruit brandy and vinegar producer
No matter whether pears, plums, apples or quinces are needed: the region around the legendary Riegersburg has got them all. Here nature is at its most beautiful and bountiful. Step into the backyard and what you see is an endless orchard of fruit trees. Anyone who visits Gölles in Riegersburg travels through Austria’s largest fruit producing landscape – the Vulkanland – Southern Styria’s (no longer active) volcano country.
For the past 30 years, Alois Gölles has produced outstanding brandies and the finest vinegars entirely from fruit. A great deal of hard manual work, sensitivity and a large portion of passion goes into the task. This passion is also reflected in the eyes of all the employees here and they have a knack of passing it on to everyone they meet. The aromas from 1,200 stored vinegar barrels follow you temptingly around as you tour this family company. A taste of these many vinegars shows cooks and connoisseurs how much nature there is in these products and reveals which will provide a dish with the final touch of perfection. Find out how fresh apples become fine spirits and take a look around the distillery where fruit brandies are still made using the old traditional double distilling process. The tasting session for these fine products is a real pleasure and makes for a delicious end to your visit to Manufaktur Gölles.
The seal of quality was awarded on 4 November 2011.
- unguided tour without tourguide inclusive tasting of various products (not for minors under the age of 18)
- from April to October from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 6pm (last tour 4.30 pm)
- from November to March from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm (last tour 3.30 pm)
- car and bus parking available
- when arriving by public transport there is a walk of about 1.3 km